PERMITS FOR ABNORMAL TRANSPORT
Free Dimensions (driving allowed without a permit)
- 16.5m x 2.55m x 4.5m – 44t (for a minimum of 5 axles in the set)
- 3m overhang is also allowed without permit (with appropriate labeling)
Permit required when dimensions are exceeded:
Permits and their validity
Types of permits
- permanent (only for EU countries):
– Category 1 permit for the maximum dimensions of 20m x 3m x 4.5m – 48t (indivisible loads) – entitles you to travel on most roads in France, including motorways;
– Category 2 permit for the maximum dimensions of 25m x 4m x 4.5m – 48t (indivisible load) – entitles you to travel on national roads, there are practically no motorways included in the permit.
- for one route
- permanent permit – up to 3 years
- route permit – 3-6 months or 1-3 months (depending on the dimensions of transport)
Possibility of renewal
- Category 1 permanent permit – to be obtained on the same day with the validity of the permit commencing after 48 hours
- Category 2 permanent permit – 3-5 business days
- Permit for the route – 4-12 weeks (depending on the number of departments that have to give permission)
- Permanent permit:
– international license scan
- route permit:
– registration certificates,
– technical data of vehicles.
Authorizes to drive: on the route, on vehicles, etc.
- Permanent permit – issued for the name of the company, entitles to travel on most roads in accordance with the SETRA map appropriate for the given permit category.
- Permits for the route:
– issued for the name of the company if we do not exceed 40 tons
– issued on the company name and registration numbers (we can enter more sets, provided they are completely identical) if we exceed 40t, for a specific route and dimensions.
Time of transport
- From dawn to dusk or in accordance with the SETRA map guidelines of a given category (from Monday to Friday).
- Driving ban:
– on Saturday or the eve of a holiday – from 12:00 to 6:00 on Monday or the day after the holiday, during snowstorm, icing, in poor visibility.
Possibility of introducing changes in the permit
Original permit required
- Each vehicle that is currently driving in France on a permanent permit may carry a copy of the permit, but the SETRA map must be original;
- If the loading / unloading address is not on the routes from the SETRA map of a given category, then a liaison permit from / to the given address should be made – waiting time about 2 weeks;
- in addition, in category 1, you can drive 20 km in a straight line from the routes from the loading / unloading permit.
– Required marking of the vehicle with plates: CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL;
- From 1.01.2021, each vehicle over 3.5t must also be marked with deadlock stickers (for more information, please contact us);
- Max. 3m overhang when driving on permanent permits.
Civil escort of abnormal transport
Of what parameters / numer of escort cars
pilot after exceeding at least one of the following dimensions:
over 3m up to 4m wide
over 25m up to 30m in length
over 72t up to 120t (when the width is less than or equal to 3m and / or the length is less than 25m)
2 pilots after exceeding at least one of the following dimensions:
over 4m up to 5m wide
over 30m up to 40m in length
over 72t to 120t (when the width is less than or equal to 3m to 4.5m and / or the length is greater than 25m to 40m)
over 120t (when the width is less than or equal to 3m to 4m and / or the length is greater than 20m to 25m)
2 pilots + pilot on motorcycles after exceeding at least one of the following dimensions:
over 5m wide
over 40m in length
over 120t (when the width is over 4.5m up to 5m in width and / or length over 40m)
Types of escort cars
- The pilot must have French qualifications,
- Vehicle in yellow (RAL 1004 or RAL 1032 or equivalent) with side reflective stripes, yellow warning beams or a beacon,
- One or two CONVOY EXCEPTIONNEL plates (the sign must be double-sided – the sign visible to the front and rear, placed on the highest point of the vehicle) and CB radio.
Fee for escort downtime