PERMITS FOR ABNORMAL TRANSPORT
Free Dimensions (driving allowed without a permit)
An overhang up to 1.5m is acceptable with the standard set, i.e .:
- Truck – 12m x 2.55m x 4m (axle pressures not exceeded, but the load may be divisible)
- tractor + semi-trailer – 16.5m x 2.55m x 4m – 40t (axle pressures not exceeded but the load may be divisible)
- truck + trailer – 18.75m x 2.55m x 4m – 40t (axle pressures not exceeded but the loading can be divisible)
If the route is shorter than 100 km, the permissible overhang is up to 3 m.
Permit required when dimensions are exceeded:
- Truck – 12m x 2.55m x 4m
- Tractor + semi-trailer – 16.5m x 2.55m x 4m – 40t
- Truck + trailer – 18.75m x 2.55m x 4m – 40t
Indivisible load as defined by the German Highway Code and the Road Traffic Licensing Code.
Permits and their validity
Types of permits and their validity
- Permament permits – up to 3 years
- Short-term permits – up to 3 months
Possibility of renewal
- Permanent – from 1 to 5 business days
- Short-term – depending on parameters and route. It is best to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
- registration documents
- depending on the parameters – paragraph 70 of the StVZO
- power of attorney
Authorizes to drive: on the route, on vehicles, etc.
- Permanent permit – authorizes to travel on public roads in Germany. Permit issued for specific sets.
- Short-term permit – authorizes to travel on a designated route. Permission issued for specific sets.
Time of transport
Possibility of introducing changes in the permit
Original permit required
Often the policemen trap the driver and instead of asking him for a permit, ie Genehmigung, they ask for paragraph 46 or 29 for inspection. Often in these situations the driver says that he does not understand or does not have such a document and the policemen have a reason to fine the driver
!!! The police for the escort have 3 years to issue a bill.
Civil escort of abnormal transport
Of what parameters
Number of escort cars
Types of escort cars
It is a escort vehicle equipped with yellow warning lights and means of direct communication in piloted transport, eg CB radio. Most often it is ordered for transports taking place outside the highway or of relatively small dimensions on the motorway.
The BF 2 pilot accompanies the transport and is in constant contact with the driver in order to inform him about any obstacles on the road.
It is a pilot vehicle with an illuminated board capable of displaying three signs to the rear: warning danger, no overtaking for all vehicles and no overtaking for trucks. Additionally, it is equipped with all the equipment to secure transport during possible stops, i.e. warning lights, warning cones, warning flags, equipment for measuring transport and infrastructure through which you have to pass, i.e. a measuring pole, measuring tape. The vehicle must be driven by an authorized person, i.e. having training for escorting with BF 3 vehicles.
The BF 3 pilot carries out commands in accordance with the permit or received from the driver on the basis of the permit and takes care of the safety of the journey.
It is the same vehicle as the BF 3 escort car, with the difference that it can display several different signs on the light board.
A pilot vehicle equipped with a sign light board capable of displaying these signs in all directions. There are a dozen of these signs, as in the case of BF 3+. The vehicle must be in the appropriate colors and markings on all sides. The vehicle can be driven by a properly trained person with at least 2 years of experience as a BF 3 pilot. Unfortunately, solutions in Germany are not uniform and, for example, in Bavaria and Brandenburg, the permissions cover the entire federal state, in other federal states for each route separately.
Fee for escort downtime