We will be happy to prepare a customized offer for you
PERMITS FOR ABNORMAL TRANSPORT
Free Dimensions (driving allowed without a permit)
An overhang up to 4m is acceptable with a standard set, i.e. 16.5m x 2.55m x 4m – 40t, not more than 1/4 of the length of the loading area.
Permit required when dimensions are exceeded
16,5m x 2,55m x 4m – 40t
Permits and their validity
Types of permits
Annual permit issued for the road network for oversize transport in Austria, for dimensions up to 25m x 3.5m x 4.3m – 60t.
It is issued on a semi-trailer / trailer with the possibility of attaching any tractor / truck.
- Single permit
Permit for a specific set and route for a period of 30 days.
- Short term
Permit for a specific set, route and multiple transports for a period of 3 months.
- Permanent – 1 year
- Single – 30 days
- Short term – 3 months
Possibility of renewal
NO – after the permit expires, we must apply for a new one.
1-10 working days
- registration certificates;
- power of attorney;
- if the transport combination is over 40t, and the truck does not have a towing capacity above 40t in the registration certificate, a document confirming such a possibility is needed, e.g. a certificate from the manufacturer, Paragraph 70 StVZO, Gutachten.
Authorizes to drive: on the route, on vehicles, etc.
- Permanent – route network for oversize transport as specified in the permit.
It is issued on a semi-trailer / trailer with the possibility of comibining with any truck.
- Single permit – permit for a specific transport combination and route.
- Short-term – permit for a specific transport set, a specific route and multiple transports.
Time of transport
Depends on a permit
Possibility of introducing changes in the permit
Original permit required
Civil escort of abnormal transport
Of what parameters / numer of escort cars
> 20 m in Vienna
> 22 m in the rest of Austria
In places where non-standard maneuvers with transport must be performed, e.g. driving in the opposite direction of the route lane.
– in Vienna and Styria from 50t;
– for the decision of the official.
From 1-4 escort cars. Their number depends on transport parameters.
Types of escort cars
- I category – pilot with yellow roosters and SONDERTRANSPORT board.
- iI category – sworn pilot with Austrian citizenship with a properly marked car.
- III category – two sworn pilots.
- IV category – three from category II plus one from category I, one of which from category II is a manager and is responsible for the transport.
Fee for escort downtime